commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Trevor Bates
Forum Index » Profile for Trevor Bates » Messages posted by Trevor Bates
Thanks for this. I had seen it before and spotted Len but the copy on 4 commando FB group did not have a date at the bottom. I knew that he had been wounded on or soon after D day but it?s nice to have a date. All should be revealed when we get his records. Thanks.

Trevor
Thanks for this Pete, I?ll help my cousins with a next of kin application. As for photos, the one already posted is the best really it appeared on page two of the daily express 21/08/1942. A framed copy was on Len?s wall. There is another image from Newhaven and two of him at Dover after operation Abercrombie. The torn trouser one is the best though. If you want something more recent then I?ll have a dig about. Peter DID get an engineering apprenticeship down on the south coast somewhere and he was and still is a very good canoeists . I?m sure I?ll be in touch once we have Len?s records.
Hello, I?m Len Ruskin?s nephew and this commando does resemble Len but I?m not 100%. The images of Len that appeared in the Daily Express 21/08/1942 show him with a trouser leg missing and holding a tommy gun. I can not distinguish either of these features. I would love to find out more regarding Len?s service after Dieppe. He did not talk that often but when he did it was always regarding small raids so I wonder if he moved from 4 commando after Dieppe. I and Len?s two sons , Pete and Jim would love to find out more.

Regards

Trevor

Forum Index » Profile for Trevor Bates » Messages posted by Trevor Bates
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger