commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Diane Grist
Forum Index » Profile for Diane Grist » Messages posted by Diane Grist
Thanks everyone. I'll try that route, thanks Nick.
I hope I'm not repeating anything here but can anyone tell me how I can find out what medals, if any, my father received?
1946 I believe
Hi Craig I think the year is most likely 1945 or 1946. Unfortunately I don't know where.
I'm not sure whether this was when he was in the TA, perhaps someone could tell me. Dad is 6th from the left.
Nick, Salford.
Nick, my dad was a Londoner but was evacuated to Southport during the war. He joined the Sea Cadets there and then the Royal Marines in Preston. He eventually moved up North where he joined the TA in, I think, 1960.
Dad is 3rd from the left 2nd row.
This last post makes sense as my dad joined the TA and specified RAC. I assumed it was from when he was in the RM as it was amongst his papers.
Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.
I am finding it impossible to navigate and log in to gallery where I want to post a comment. I have no idea what gallery2 is, please help.

Forum Index » Profile for Diane Grist » Messages posted by Diane Grist
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger