commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: cadnam69
Forum Index » Profile for cadnam69 » Messages posted by cadnam69
Hi Nick,

Many thanks for the info. they will be looking at getting the service record for their dad
My brother in-law has been talking to some of the family and his dad was actually in No. 4 Commando Heavy Weapons Troop.
He looked at the photo on your website of the heavy weapons troop from Jill Burgess and he is actually in the photo, he's front row seated on the floor, far right hand side with his legs crossed.

Thank you once again for your help

Kind regards
Chris
Hi Nick,

Many thanks for trying to help
He was born and died in Portsmouth, all his family including his wife still live here.
He was born 1925 officially but it's thought he said it was 1924 when he enlisted as he was too young at the time to join up.
If you are able to confirm he was in 4 commando that would be a fantastic start to helping my brother in-law trace his dads war history
Kind regards
Chris
Trying to help my brother in-law find out anything about his dads (Ronald Peter Udy) service during the war , the name RP Udy is mentioned in the nominal roll on this website but not sure if this is him, it's the only possible lead I have been able to find, he would have volunteered probably during 1942. He passed away in 1976 without mentioning much at all about the war. Any help would be much appreciated.

Forum Index » Profile for cadnam69 » Messages posted by cadnam69
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger