commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: carbostar
Forum Index » Profile for carbostar » Messages posted by carbostar
Thank you Pete, Until I had some sort of hit on his name I felt it would also be a bit of a task, I have a simalar problem finding a great uncle of mine who served on HMS Ajax during the battle of the river plate, funny enough his first name was Gordon , it must be a Gordon thing?, but thank you I will give it a try, thank you once again .
As a footnote I have tried keying in his name on various sites including the the national archives , with a big zero result , highlighting my detective skills are very poor.
Thanks Craig that very interesting, my wife has just hunted out photo of him, I will try and post on the site, she was under the impression he attended campaigns in and around Sicily, although the validity cant be verified as yet,
She has a number of items in her posetion collected while in the service, I suppose a practice frowned upon in the present day considered spoils of war .

I think I may have dropped a rick after cancelling all further postings , digtal error on my part, Im very grateful for your information thank you
I am searching for information about my wife's grandfather who she was very fond of, I have limited information which appears to be somewhat inaccurate, I hope one or two of you can point me in the right direction ? I have his permanent pass the information is a bit sparse, it looks like : 5p coy 27th btn Dalditch ,30th Aug 1944, No Po/x106916 Mno G.Mains, and that's about it .
Other than he originates from the North East of England, my wife spent most of her childhood in the care of him and her grandmother, It would be lovely if I could find out some additional information.

Forum Index » Profile for carbostar » Messages posted by carbostar
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger