commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: jim webster
Forum Index » Profile for jim webster » Messages posted by jim webster
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply and the contact info.
Much appreciated and I will be in the bar at the Alex in November the 1st round is on me :)

Cheers

Jim
I applied for my father's records back in April & fully expect a 6 month delay but I have not had any acknowledgement & nor has my cheque been cashed?
Happy Birthday George
I shall donate this bottle to the Remembrance weekend Raffle in memory of our father Sgt.Doug Webster no.2 Commando
I will be driving down from the highlands and passing Inverness on Saturday 10th November at 13.00 and have 3 seats free if anyone wants a lift to Spean Bridge?

Jim
Just throwing this extract from my fathers service record as he was a corporal at this period of time-Could he be the corporal with Capt. Broome?

18-8-42 22-12-42 Cpl. Webster left Ayr with a small detachment of others for posting to Sherbourne, Dorset, under the command of Captain R. Broome. Nothing is known of this period of service or the ultimate destination of the group.
Thank you for posting the photo Chris, I can confirm that Janet is correct in saying that my dad is the soldier on the right as you look at the photo, sadly i cannot elaborate anymore than that as i have never seen this picture before.

jim
Thank you for the info Pete, I will be attending with my daughter and hopefully one or two more family members if they arrive in the U.k. as planned
After the ceremony we shall be retiring to the Willow Walk Wetherspoons opposite Victoria Stn. everyone welcome.
Jim Webster
Names please anyone?
A few more pics for you to post Pete.
thats all for now, please feel free to add any photos to the gallery

regards

jim
more pics
more pics
just got the following pics of my dad, douglas webster 2 commando and others.
Hi,
Can anyone explain/help me as when receiving messages from the CVA forum i receive 6 messages for every post!
regards
jim

Forum Index » Profile for jim webster » Messages posted by jim webster
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger