commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Ross Tucker
Forum Index » Profile for Ross Tucker » Messages posted by Ross Tucker
Hello,

I am a new user so forgive my lack of knowledge on this matter.

I am looking into my Grandfathers war records and have reason to believe he may have served / been associated with the the early formation of the Special Boat Service.

My Grandfather passed away when I was only little however family stories have left me with the following information. He never spoke much of the war.

1) Thomas Warlow - A Welshman

2) Served In North Africa

3) May have been originally with Royal Rifles

4) Did not take leave back to Britain for the whole duration of the war. Betty, his wife and my grandmother would always said he gave it away to his men.

5) May have had something to do with operations in Yugoslavia during WWII- family stories about working with Tito?

I found a video on YouTube with tells the story of the formation of the SBS during WWII and came a cross a man that looks extraordinarily like my Grandfather.

Can anyone help? Would love to answer this question and either way be able to keep my Grandfathers service duty alive within my family and future generation.

Best regards

Ross

Forum Index » Profile for Ross Tucker » Messages posted by Ross Tucker
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger