commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: George Wellman
Forum Index » Profile for George Wellman » Messages posted by George Wellman
Thank you very much for your help
I am trying to join the CVA Facebook page but it always says pending anyone on here that can help.
There is one man lying down so I counted him as well. The man standing below is directly in front of him and he is holding his rifle out to the right the most. I hope that make sense.
I made this one brighter and looking at it now my Dad George Wellman is 6th from the left.
This photo was one I thought I had posted already.
He would have loved this site he was very proud of his days in the marines. Thanks for putting this altogether. I just wish it was possible to contact someone who was in the marines at the same time as he was. George the father is how I know him but what was he like as a Marine by the people who new him would have been interesting. He was tough and life as his son was not always easy but our life was so different to his.
Thank you that would be great
I just wish I had asked him About the photos when he was alive but did not expect him to die at just 56.
I hope photo's are ok like this. Like I said Dad never spoke about his service days. I hope the photos are correct I have not a clue about theses things but like to know more about his life.
A few more photos from the 41 commando. My Dad never spoke much about his service time. Mum said he came out with shell shock and a lot of his comrades died. He died in 86 aged just 56.
A few more photos from the 41 commando
A few more photos from the 41 commando
Hi and thanks for getting back to me so soon. I have sent two photos of his service record. It looks like he was in marines from 49. I remember mum saying he joined up at 16 but transferred to the marines later. Maybe you can work it out from the service sheet. The other photo looks like them in training.
Hi I am the son of George Wellman who was in the 41 commando's I was wondering if there was any of the 41 still alive as he would have been 88 I have some photo of the 41 as well i would like to share. Even if anyone has any information about them. I know a lot of the where killed in Korea.

Forum Index » Profile for George Wellman » Messages posted by George Wellman
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger