commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Ian 170917
Forum Index » Profile for Ian 170917 » Messages posted by Ian 170917
Thank you Nick

Does anyone know if there are records of the old Commando Association and if they can be accessed?
Maybe worth trying the Royal Marines Association, or the Commando Museum?

regards
Ian
Hi Pete, Nick

Thanks for the replies, it is the same James Crooks. He died in 1966. Was he active in the old Commando Association, do you think there's any possibility that somewhere there's a photo of him? I realise it's a long shot that anyone would remember him after all this time, but fingers crossed.

regards
Ian
Hi

I would like to hear from anyone with information on James Crooks, my great uncle. By any chance if anyone has memories or anecdotes or photographs, I'd love to hear about them. I have his service record, just hoping there may be a chance to add anything to the bare details.

He served in Sicily and Normandy. Not sure if he would have maintained contact with other veterans after the war.

Thanks
Ian

Forum Index » Profile for Ian 170917 » Messages posted by Ian 170917
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger