commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Gareth Barton
Forum Index » Profile for Gareth Barton » Messages posted by Gareth Barton
Cheers Nick thanks for this, greatly appreciated.
A big thanks Pete, I really appreciate the time and effort you have given into providing this information to me. It's been a big help and I have already found useful information as a result and more is to come. I have also been in contact with family members that have pictures of Harold, so I should be able to send you copies soon.
Thanks again
He also had a panzer tank officers knife I'm not sure if there could be a story documented behind this?
Hello and thanks for taking an interest, Harold Barton was my grandads brother (Stanley Barton Royal Artillery) who also served in WW2. It took both of them a long time to talk about what happend in the war so I don't know a great deal, they both suffered nightmares for years. Harold mentioned about a mission where they had to attack a hill with just knives and I hear one of the men involved wrote a book about it? He also told peIt's ople that the men that didn't sign up got torpedoed in the boat that was taking them back to base and none survived.

Forum Index » Profile for Gareth Barton » Messages posted by Gareth Barton
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger