commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: i.steinmetzer
Forum Index » Profile for i.steinmetzer » Messages posted by i.steinmetzer
Do you have a recent link with pictures?
Avez-vous un lien récent avec les photos?

I was able to find his full name and date of birth.

Jean Robert Steinmetzer
March 1, 1924

And the last one.
Here are the other pictures that couldn't fit in my first post.
Hi, pictured on the top left in the first picture is my grandfather Jean Steinmetzer with two friends.

I don't have any info on his involvement in the military but my father thinks he was in the British military during WW2 and I recall him saying he was there at Normandy in 1944...but he never talked about it.

Someone from another forum pointed that he and his mates could be from a royal marine commando or another commando from their uniforms. Can anyone help? I know I can request his official records but I just started my research and I currently enjoy this personal mission! :-)

I also found this panoramic picture (numbered) on another forum and could find similarities in facial features between #1 and the man right next to my grandpa in the first picture. Am I crazy?

Forum Index » Profile for i.steinmetzer » Messages posted by i.steinmetzer
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger