commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: nocsgirl1943
Forum Index » Profile for nocsgirl1943 » Messages posted by nocsgirl1943
Sorry markh, just the photo! Thanks for your indentifying vessel.
Thanks Pete
Thanks for the referencing markh very much appreciated

nocsgirl
Pte. Enoch Sheard was transferred from South Lancs Regiment to 3 troop No. 2 Commando.
He served as Batman/runner to Capt. Dickie Brooke in 5 troop, but also appears in panorama photos of 3 Commando. He served in Norway, B E F, Siciily and Egypt. His service record shows he also went on mountain Warfare training in the Lebanon. This was my Dad. A man who never discussed his wartime adventures. I am a daughter left with a service record written in code, trying to match up dates he was 'active overseas' with the dates of Commando operations. I am slowly getting there and sure I am not on my own. Good luck to everyone else on the same journey.
Pte. E. Sheard of No. 2 Commando on far right.
Picture posted by his daughter Barbara Lewis
Signatures of Commandos collected at Spean Bridge Commando reunion in the 1970's
Posted by Barbara Lewis daughter of Pte. E. Sheard
Posted by daughter of Pte. E. Sheard
Posted by Pte. E. Sheard daughter
Posted by daughter of Pte. E. Sheard
Photo of Pte. ESheard on left. Unknown Commando on right
Posted by daughter of E. Sheard. 5 troop Number 2 commando
Think he's the one on the end on the left but not 100% sure.
Far right second row from the front.
Cheers
Sorry about the quality. No names for anyone.
Photos provided by Barbara Lewis daughter of Pte. E. Sheard. Number 2 Commando
Photograph of Pte. Enoch Sheard. 3 troop No. 2 Commando. Photo taken prior to Sicily landings. Could be either Malta or Gibraltar

Forum Index » Profile for nocsgirl1943 » Messages posted by nocsgirl1943
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger