commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: N Baldwin
Forum Index » Profile for N Baldwin » Messages posted by N Baldwin
Hello gents,

My name is Nigel Baldwin and Alfred Roe was my maternal Grandfather, I am the son of his youngest daughter Doreen, who unfortunately died at a young age and as a consequence I was raised by Alfreds widow Dorothy ( a great woman, also sadly no longer with us) It wasn't until very recently that I found out about my Grandfather, and his colleagues, brave exploits, as my grandmother was given very sketchy information at the time (in hindsight, for fairly obvious reasons) Most of my information so far has come from the book Godwins Saga, with some additional research carried out by a cousin, who is the son of his other daughter Grace.

I have sent a personal message to try and contact his great nephew Lawrence Roe, but in case he doesn't pick up the message if anyone has direct contact with Lawrence I would be obliged if they could advise him that I am trying to contact him and that he can get in touch with me via this web site.

I can assure you, and he, that my reasons are purely out of an interest in trying to find out a little more about my Grandfather and his life before the services if at all possible.

Many thanks

Nigel

Forum Index » Profile for N Baldwin » Messages posted by N Baldwin
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger