commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Channers
Forum Index » Profile for Channers » Messages posted by Channers
Hi Bill,

I'm not sure if we have the same person. My grandad has always been in Manchester (UK) and has never lived in the US. They called him Buck apparently because of his teeth (I'll leave that to thinking the obvious!!) his real name was James but everyone knew him as Jim.

Although he was part of the Burma campaign as that was the majority of what he talked about when he used to reminisce. There was also something he went over to France for as well but he never spoke a lot about that just that he had to go over and retrieve someone to bring them back home?

My grandma has what she thinks are his discharge papers (it's her dad so she was only young when he left) so once I get that from her I should have more info
Hi Pete,

Thank you for the advice. I will contact them and see if they can help.

Thanks again
Hi there,

I'm looking for information about my grandad (actually my great-grandad) who we lost earlier this week. We know he was in the 44 commando but have just found out he was also in the 40 and 42 previous to that as well.

He did tell us that helped about his age so he could get in at aged 17 which would have been 1937.

He served in Burma and also went on some kind of mission in France during WW2 but he never specified any kind of information apart from that.

His name isn't on any list I have found but I'm hoping someone would be able to read this and see if they could shed any light??

Thank you so much for reading

Forum Index » Profile for Channers » Messages posted by Channers
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger