commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jennifer Beaumont
Forum Index » Profile for Jennifer Beaumont » Messages posted by Jennifer Beaumont
Guy
Thanks again.
Jennifer
Guy
That's wonderful - and so quick! Thank you.
Jennifer
I'm looking for any information about my father's time in the Royal Marines. He told us very little of his time in the service but I do remember that he did at least some of his training at Bovington Camp in Devon, and served in Europe in 1945 (aged 20), involved, I think in the Rhine crossing. I don't know which troop he was in. I know that he was made a temporary 2nd Lieut. in March 1946 but it appears that he was demobbed by the end of that year.
If anyone can add to this I'd be grateful.
He's on the "Lost Legions" list No.3 (1973) but I don't think he was aware of that. He died in Southport in 1974.

Forum Index » Profile for Jennifer Beaumont » Messages posted by Jennifer Beaumont
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger