commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Payne
Forum Index » Profile for Payne » Messages posted by Payne
Thank you they'll be well looked after
It does look like a silk band and not leather, would this mean that it could've been a later replacement? Also would the army commando berets have been different to the marine berets? Good to know that the kit bag looks genuine though, thank you for sharing your knowledge
Thank you much appreciated
Ok thank you - does the kit bag look genuine ? Haven't seen one before and you don't come across many 44 RM Commando items?
Found your email address and sent it over - thank you
Ok can I have an email address and i'll send it off my phone - really interested in finding out if its a genuine kit bag
Yes 44 RM Commando - I wish I could attach the photo but can't for some unknown reason - my great uncle Len was in the same unit
We recently came across a kit bag at a military fair which had supposedly got his green beret and medals in the bottom of it, we can't find any info on C V Stone and wondered if its a genuine kit bag ?

Says he was a bugler HQ troop 44 rm commando

Any help much appreciated, can't attach the photo for some reason :(
Yes it was, managed to get a copy off e-bay, thanks for all your info much appreciated
Thanks for your help that'll be my next step to find out more about him 🙂
Thanks for your reply - would he have been eligible for the service certificate as well ? I am trying to get a history of his service career as there is not much info on the 44 rm Commando (I have recently bought a book that gives an account of their manoeuvres which is really interesting) but I have no idea where his military service would have begun?
Can anyone tell me if all commandos were issued with a service record even if they were killed in action, my great uncle was killed in Burma and served with 44 rm Commando.

If they were is there a way of getting a copy, also of his full service history?
Thank you for your info, I will look for the book you mentioned.

I think I uploaded his grave to your holding album last night but not quite sure - I also have a photo of him which I will try and upload for your gallery
I am looking for any info or photos of my great uncle Len who was killed in action on 23.1.45 in Burma, all I have is a photo of his grave.

Any news would be greatly appreciated

Forum Index » Profile for Payne » Messages posted by Payne
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger