commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jools powell
Forum Index » Profile for Jools powell » Messages posted by Jools powell
Having just returned from my late father's funeral I discovered 10 or so photographs of what I think is a ceremony in Paris handing out medals by some French civilian to what I imagine is no 4 commando. No 4 commando, because that's what father was in and because there is a number of commandos with France written on their shoulders.. However I can't see my father in any of the pictures although he did receive the Croix de Guerre.
If anybody is interested I'll scan them and post them on here. They are not in great condition but I'm sure people might be able to recognise their relatives or themselves for that matter..
Its with great sadness to announce the death of my father Joe Powell who died on June 30th aged 94. He will be sorely missed by his family although he'd been in ill health for some time.
I'm not totally sure about where he was all the time during the war although I know he was on the attack at Ouistreham to take the Pegasus bridge. Think he was at Flushing too. I'm sure there are people on here who would know better than me about all the actions that no 4 commando took part.
His cremation will take place on July 29th in Hastings at 11 O'clock

Forum Index » Profile for Jools powell » Messages posted by Jools powell
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger