commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: JWhibley
Forum Index » Profile for JWhibley » Messages posted by JWhibley
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but here is the photo that I have of the troop at Neustadt in June 1945. My father is first on the left in the very back row. Also on the page is a close up picture of my father in uniform. He clearly has the rank of sergeant but his war record details lists him as a lance corporal.

In the picture on your website (1 Commando Brigade Signal Troop, Neustadt 2/6/1945) I think he is in the back row either 10th or 14th from the left but the picture quality is so poor when I try to enlarge it that I'm not sure.

Dad died on 30 September 1987.

I hope this can update your records.

Thank you for all help.

Kind regards,

Joan
My father, Vic Whibley, served in the Signals Troop and went over on D-Day until Sept 1944 and then returned in January 1945. I spotted a picture of the 1 Commando Brigade Signal Troop in the square in Neustadt on 2 June 1945 and he is in the back row. I have another one taken at the same time of a much smaller group. Does anyone have any information please?

Many thanks.
My father, Sgt Vict Whibley, served in the Signals Brigade attached to the Commandos, and went over on D-Day. He returned to England in Sept 1945 and then went back to Europe ending up in Neustadt with HQ 1 Commando Brigade. I saw a picture on the Signals Troop Album in Neustadt - I have a copy of this and it is the first time I have seen a photo of my father. Do you have any other information?

Thanks, Joan

Forum Index » Profile for JWhibley » Messages posted by JWhibley
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger