commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Wurzle
Forum Index » Profile for Wurzle » Messages posted by Wurzle
Yeah i did see that thanks. my dad did para training in E Tp. cant find him on the E Tp nominal roll so wonder who he went into Normandy with
Thanks
Hi, I believe that E Tp 45 Commando did Parachute training at Ringway.
Therefore does anyone know if any of 45 Commando parachuted in to Normandy?
Thanks for any info
Hi
I found this photo of my dad on this site somewhere last week but now i cant find where i got in from
any one any ideas who posted this picture. im guessing this was hong Kong
tHANKS
Great stuff Pete. stay safe

Kind regards

steve
just seen it
Yes I?ve seen that photo thanks, think I spot Syd but not my dad

I?ll just have to keep searching.

Just on another subject. Did Marines ever don the ?Chip bag? style hat only I?ve just found another photo of my dad with a hat in his shoulder lapel? Didn?t think marines wore them

I?ve tried to add pictures of Syd but it won?t let me attach them, even when I select the smallest res

Any chance you can give me your email so I can send them direct

Kind regards

Steve
Yes there the documents i was referring to.
just a bit dissapointed that he's not on the list.

i know he did some parachuting at Ringway. and i'm not sure whether he was a sniper

anyway thanks you so much for your response.
just a quick one. just found a picture of a Marine called Syd Mundy 45 Commando who was my dads best pal, i think he may have been in A Tp
is it ok if i add his picture

Thanks
Hi Any advice would be really appreciated
My Dad was Stanley Worsley 45 RM Commando E troop
he was part of 1st special service brigade with lord lovatt on D Day
i have seen a nominal roll for E Troop 6th June 1944 and there is no mention of him on it

does any one know any info on why he is not on the nominal roll

he was a pow on around the 8th and escaped 16th April 1945

Kind Regards

steve
Yes. Would be good to see them
Aww nice one Pete. Appreciate that
Hi
Does anyone know when E Tp 45 Royal Marine Commando went either Hong Kong or Singapore. i remember my dad saying he was there and i have photos of him also.
Im trying to decipher his records but only have 1 sheet of paper with the below information on it and I'm not sure what the abbreviations mean

Any help would be appreciated. I have reapplied for his service records once again to see if i get any more from what little i have.

DEPOT RM LYMPSTONE 19TH OCTOBER 1943 - 18TH DECEMBER 1943
HBL RMTRG 19TH DECEMBER 1943 - 11TH APRIL 1944
HBL RMCDO 12TH APRIL 1944 - 7TH JUNE 1944
PORTS DIVISION 8TH JUNE 1944 - 13TH JUNE 1945
HBL HOLDING OP CDO 4TH JUNE 1945 - 11TH JUNE 1946
PORTS DIVISION 12TH JUNE 1946 - 5TH OCTOBER 1946
5TH OCTOBER RELEASED IN CLASS ?A?

7TH JUNE 1944 P.O.W.
16TH APRIL 1945 ESCAPE FROM P.O.W.
24TH JULY 1946 PAYMENT OF W.G. AND P.W.C. AUTHORISED

kindest Regards
Hi
Does anyone know when E Troop 45RM Commando went to either Hong Kong or Singapore after the war?

I'm trying to decipher my dads war records. i only have 1 sheet of paper with his Service records
i have pictures from when he was in the far east but no mention of it on his records

any help would be appreciated.

ive attached a word document which shows some dates and abbreviations ( its easier to read) but dont know what they mean

Thanks in advance
Thanks for the reply guys. i think i'll reapply

Kindest Regards
Nick. what pattern FS knife would he have been issued?
i do remember his when i was about 5 but he gave a lot of stuff to his barber (can you believe it)
Gutted needless to say. i do have a knife that i got from Nowillls & Sons which i got to put on his display frame but i would love an original

Kind regards nick

steve

Yeah i thought as much.
I wonder if i should try again? see if they missed anything
Thanks for replying Nick. much appreciated

Forum Index » Profile for Wurzle » Messages posted by Wurzle
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger