commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Bill Harvey
Forum Index » Profile for Bill Harvey » Messages posted by Bill Harvey
John

Many thanks for that I have passed it on to my Dutch friends in Flushing.

Best wishes.

Bill
Mike

Many thanks for all your help. I have passed this onto relatives of No 4 and my Dutch friends.

My Dad was indeed KIA in Flushing. i have the intellegence report if you would like a copy.

Best wishes.

Bill

Many thanks Mike. I will let my Dutch friends know about this.

Best wishes. Bill
I was going through CVA posts and found this - "11 August 1945 FLUSHING: Flushing Ceremony. The people of Flushing showed their appreciation of the part played by this unit in liberating their town by presenting a flag to detachment of 4 Officers and 40 ORs at BRUGES".

Does anyone know what this flag looked like or where it is?

Bill
I know Bill Leech very well. They have other Commando articles in the War and Peace Museum.

Try a visit if in Oban.

Bill
I will follow that along with the Oban War and Peace Museum.

Bill
Pete

What happened about the two paintings in the Oban War and Peace Museum?

Bill
We remember Dad's No 4 comrades from the Free French Commando.

May he rest in peace.

Bill
Robert

Information emailed confirm when you get it.

Best wishes.

Bill
Robert

Sending tonight some No 4 Commando information. No 4 were billetted in Troon that is how my Dad met Mum.

Bill
Hi Robert

If it confirms that this is your Grandad then I have a background which I can send you on No 4 Commando for the school talk.

You say that your Grannie was Scots where did she come from?

Best wishes.

Bill
Robert

I think your Grandad was at Dieppe with No 4 Army Commando.

5111985 Sig. Hughes C.J. R. Warwicks.

This is recorded on the Dieppe list I have. My Dad was there but was killed in action in Flushing. My Dad served at Lofoton, Boulongne, Dieppe, D Day and Flushing with No 4.

What was the story from Lofoton? Flushing was a harbour town with docks and snipers can you remember the name of his friend as I have the roll of honour from Flushing.

Pete may be able to help too.

Both of us have just returned from the service at Spean Bridge on Sunday.

Best wishes.

Bill
Hi Robert

No 3 Army Commando were not in Holland. Does he have any middle names? I will do a trace of No 4 Army Commando.

Best wishes.

Bill
Thank you Jack for all you and the Dutch Commando do for us. Today 3 November my great friend Jochem Schmetz will lay a CVA wreath at Flushing today remembering the British and French troops of No 4 Army Commando and the loyal Dutch who were killed during the occupation and during the liberation. We will remember them.

Bill
The No 4 Commando French Troops who were killed in action in Flushing are missing.

1st Bataillon de fusiliers marins commandos

Cpl. J. Momceau.

Cpl. Y. Ruppe.

l/cpl. J. Montean.

l/cpl. J. Neven.

l/cpl. N. Gourong

Forum Index » Profile for Bill Harvey » Messages posted by Bill Harvey
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger