commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: wrdavies
Forum Index » Profile for wrdavies » Messages posted by wrdavies
Apologies, didn't mean to post this on the main guidelines thread, feel free to relocate it to an appropriate place.

Wes
Hi,

My grandad, Frank Bennett (PLY/X 105119) from Layton, Blackpool, served in 48 Commando from March 44 to February 46. He passed away almost 10 years ago, and whilst not one for attending reunions, had talked to me lots about his service over the years. He was in the Marines at the time 48 was formed and I think he ended up radio operator for one of the units for a period of time.

I have his medals, green book, service certificate and a good number of photos of him and other members of his troop - although I can't recall which that was.

Let me know if you'd be interested in me uploading copies of any of the above and I'll find time over the next couple of weeks.

Kind regards,

Wes

Forum Index » Profile for wrdavies » Messages posted by wrdavies
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger