commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: vicaboudara
Forum Index » Profile for vicaboudara » Messages posted by vicaboudara
Thanks for the replies.

My father, who was French, was in 10 Commando and one of the boatmen on Hardtack 7. I have a number of items from him including:

? Old Comrades Association of the Army Commandos membership book and matching lapel badge (no 2676)
? Bronze 1er Bataillon de Fusiliers Marins Commandos badge. The handwritten number on the rear is difficult to make out but I think it's 132
? A number of photos of him in uniform, some with a beret bearing the Free French logo

In April he was awarded the knight of the national order of the Legion d'honneur medal. Unfortunately he died 3 weeks before we received the letter from the French Ministry of Defence.

His army name was Jacques Gay.

I'd like to get him acknowledged on this website.

Thanks,

Vic
Is there a list of names for 10 Commando?

Also, is there a list of the 400 names who received the 1st Battalion Fusiliers Marins Commando badge? These were numbered from 1-400.

Thanks,

Vic

Forum Index » Profile for vicaboudara » Messages posted by vicaboudara
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger