commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Thomas (Bing) Crosbie
Forum Index » Profile for Thomas (Bing) Crosbie » Messages posted by Thomas (Bing) Crosbie
Pete
I have added a few names and bit of history to the photo of "A" Troop, 40 Cdo., RM in the gallery.
Pete. The way I am going you will have me doing Jankers next.
Nick
Just had a little snicker to myself when I noticed your title "Forum Brigadier" ...Sorry! Tom
Pete
Thanks for reply, I have now registered for the gallery site and will log on later and see if I can maybe add information. I may eventually be able to add photo's, but at the moment I am messing about with a new computer. So instead of using Microsoft Windows I am on a Mini-iMac. It will take a bit of getting used to. But it might sharpen up my thinking process too and stop my brain becoming addled. Tom (Bing)
Is there any way of editing text in the photo gallery. I have just looked at the photo of "A" troop 40 Cdo. R.M. There are mistakes in the text. The photo was taken in St. Georges Barracks and not Imtarfa Barracks. I am also on the photo. Just above Sgts Major Haines, who we knew as "Bomb-Head Haines". He is the fierce looking man in the front row with the bristling moustache. (a big softie really) The officer commanding the troop was Captain Ronnie Hayes DFC. he earned his DFC flying one of the famous Stringbags against the Tirpitz during WW2. I have exactly the same photo on my computer. I can remember a lot of the names of course but at the age of 85 some of them I cannot remember. .....Thomas (Bing) Crosbie....

Forum Index » Profile for Thomas (Bing) Crosbie » Messages posted by Thomas (Bing) Crosbie
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger