commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Victor oakes
Forum Index » Profile for Victor oakes » Messages posted by Victor oakes
My Grandfather was not only the editor of 'The Torch' magazine but was also the printer and publisher of the magazine.
I work in the printing industry and also printed the first poster of Nelson Mandela when he was released. (a painted portrait as a photo was not allowed)
Also, I printed the final signatory sheet of all the parties at the Codesa talks in Kempton Park of which I have an original printed, but obviously unsigned copy.
Only myself, and printing partner at the time have this, which is now SA history.
Contact me: [email protected]
Hi, My name is Victor Oakes - Grandson to the late Robert Edwin Spry Oakes who was the editor of the 'Torch" magazine of which I have printed copies.
I have many letters which he wrote to my grandmother during WW2. I also have an Arabic translation into english whereby he was recognised as being instrumental in uniting the British and Iraqi forces.
Both Grandparents held Captain ranks. I am willing to meet and share this info should you be interested. I also wish to gain as much info on my late grandfather however possible.
Email me at: [email protected]

Forum Index » Profile for Victor oakes » Messages posted by Victor oakes
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger