commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: John M
Forum Index » Profile for John M » Messages posted by John M
Rest in Peace John.
A true Gentleman.
Great work JMB thanks.

Great photos.

Regards

John M
Thanks Pete...both remembered with honour.

Lt Knowland VC particularly for me, as my father served with him on Hill 170 in 4 Troop No 1 Cdo.

A special time of year for me.

Heroes all.

John M

Happy Christmas Bill .

I echo Petes words ...Thanks...
You are welcome Stephen
A very sad day.

RIP Donald.

Comfort and thoughts to all his family and friends.
Thanks to Pete Rogers for all his help in this.

The Archive has grown to be one of the best resources for Commando history globally on the internet.

The work put in to the project over the years by many contributors has paid glorious dividends as all can see.

From myself and Dans point of view a dream has become a reality , and a promise made all those years ago to the 'Old Original' Commandos,has been kept.

It's in their memory that this site exists, and to honour all who wear ,and have worn ,the legendary Green Beret.

Onward we go..

Grateful thanks

John & Dan Mewett

Rest In Peace Roy
Hi Jeffhewitt

Thanks for helping with the 46Cdo enquirers..... that is very kind of you.

We would love it if any further history is discovered ,photos,documents etc, you would also share on this forum so other future 46Cdo members can read it.

We're all one big commando family.

Any other info about 46 please feel free to post here.

Thanks and regards

John M

Hello Mark

Just as a starter for you if your GF was a Royal Marine Commando (as certificate shows) then I would start your search with 42 RM Commando and 44 RM Commando both these units served in 3 Commando Brigade along with No 1 Army Commando No 5 Army Commando in Burma in WW2.

Hope this helps you along a little.

Best regards

John M
Thanks Bill.....

Best regards

John M
Its great to report the Commando Veterans Archive is still thriving with 35,000 unique users in November.

Its very rewarding, after running the site for twelve years now, that the interest in Commando History is still growing.

Thanks must go to Pete Rogers our archivist who's input is immeasurable and constant, and of course all the other very knowledgeable researchers who are unselfishly active on our forums.

Thanks very much to everyone of you.

John M & Dan M

Site owners and Sponsors.
We are saddened to report the passing of Dennis Hensman

Peter his son writes:

Dennis William Hensman
CHX111076
Aged 97
Passed away Friday 2nd Dec 2022

Dad lived at the War Vets Nursing Home
Narrabeen
Sydney

RIP Dennis
Rest in Peace Joe
Terrible disrespect shown by the perpetrators......

Lets hope they are caught.

Forum Index » Profile for John M » Messages posted by John M
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger