commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jennifer Elkin
Forum Index » Profile for Jennifer Elkin » Messages posted by Jennifer Elkin
Thanks for that - have just printed the second one off and will pass it on. Jennifer
Pete, many thanks for that. You have definitely found the right MULLEN, because he did come from Newcastle and, from what Elizabeth told me, he could well have had the nickname 'Buster' Mullen. I have printed off a lot of the information for his family (nephew Paul Mullen) is also very interested. I have given them a form to apply for his Service Record and that should give a fuller picture. Many thanks for your invaluable help. I will hope to remain in touch. Jennifer
Pete, thank you for responding. My research into my father's time with 148 Special Duty Squadron and SOE led me into the sphere of operations in Albania and Yugoslavia. Then quite out of the blue, I was contacted by Elizabeth Goodchild, widow of Andy Mullen, who asked for my help in finding information on her husband. She said that he only ever spoke of his wartime experiences in jokey anecdotes, but he was himself injured (a bullet which took away his left calf) and he witnessed the death in Albania of George 'Prissy' Parsons. Elizabeth told me that Andy met Tito whist on Vis and helped him across a stream. She also thought he might have been in Sicily and Norway, but was vague on that. He trained at Achnacarry and the only other snippet of information she had was that he had met the leader of Popski's Army whilst in North Africa. Hope that fills in the picture a little bit. Elizabeth is now in her 80's, but is quite a remarkable woman and if I can help her find out about her husband, I would feel privileged. Many thanks, Jennifer
Am looking for information on the above individual, who was with the Commandos at Sarande, Albania in 1944 and also with Tito on the Island of Vis. He did his commando training in Scotland and was initially with the Durham Light Infantry. Any information welcome. Thank you, Jennifer

Forum Index » Profile for Jennifer Elkin » Messages posted by Jennifer Elkin
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger