commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: sasbrough
Forum Index » Profile for sasbrough » Messages posted by sasbrough
Hi Pete, Sorry I have taken a while to reply.

I have tried to attach 3 files which may be of interest. A photo of 'Jimmy' Brough, his MM commendation (I especially like the hand written note across it - 'not to be published'), and a photo of his plaque in the Guards Chapel.

I hope these find their way to you.
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. No I don't have a copy of my great uncles war record. How would I get it please?
I have spoken to the archivist of the Scots Guards and he has given me several dates of William Gordon Brough's military service; I don't know if his military record would reveal more.
Yes' I have got a copy of his recommendation for the MM, a great piece of personal history.
As an aside, my wife and I are going down to London next week to see if we can find a plaque in the Guards Chapel to Jimmy Brough. I am told it is there, but really want to see it.

Regards CP - sasbrough
I am searching for information about my Great Uncle, William Gordon 'Jimmy' Brough. He was originally in the Scots Guards, then 8 Commando in North Africa in 1940 (Layforce). He was one of the original members Of David Stiriling's L Detachment SAS in August 1941 and served with the SAS throughout WWII. I have compiled a 160 page 'book' on him and surrounding background info.
I am trying to find out if he was part of Operation Houndsworth in France in 1944. I think he may well have been, but it is a gap in my research.
If anyone could help it would be wonderful.
If anyone is interested in the story then I would be only too pleased to share it - it is quite a story.

Forum Index » Profile for sasbrough » Messages posted by sasbrough
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger