commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: rvr
Forum Index » Profile for rvr » Messages posted by rvr
In Robert Wilkinson Lathams book: Wilkinson and the FS Fighting Knife he explains in debt how these knives where sold or issued.

Regards, Ruben
As Paul already mentioned a picture of the numbered knife of Mr Dix would be highly appreciated!
The true meaning of these numbered 1st patterns is yet to be revealed although like Paul mentions we have an idea about what it is..

Regards, Ruben
John thank you very much for that info! My deepest respect for your dad and what a treasure you have there! Bunch of unique men back than..
Nick i know Robert quite well, he and me share the same view about this subject, its just that sometimes some people like to see a picture of something in stead of the written proof.. Thats why my questions :)

A great weekend to all, regards Ruben
Hello John,

The F-S knives where also privatly for sale during WW2 (once the official order was done) and for very little extra money it was possible to put your name on the blade (2nd patterns).
What i would like to know if you have in your possession or know of any Wilkinson 2nd or 3th pattern kives that where issued by the government to a Cdo. Old stories from dad's or grandad's explaing how they got the knives, maybe pictures of these man with the knife?
There is paperwork proving this i was just curious if there are also pictures or stories about this.
Also any stories that these issued knives where allowed to be taken home by these man after their service?

Thanks and regards, Ruben
last 2
Couple more :)
more to come
more to come
A bit late but if any are still interested here you have some stories about 46 RM cdo, including a story of a member of that SS Hitler jugend brigade defending his position against 46..

Regards, Ruben
Hello,

I have a question regarding the Wilkinson Sword/F-S etched 2nd (and 3th) pattern F-S knives, i was wondering if some of you have or remember seeing these specific knives that belong or belonged to any of the WW2 Commando's.
I'm trying to establish some proof that these etched 2nd patterns where issued to these man during WW2. It's specifically for the Wilkinson ones, not the B2 marked F-S's..

Many thanks and kind regards Ruben
Hi Pete,

Sounds like a plan, will drop you an email later on.

Thanks and regards, Ruben
Hello Pete,

I have a lot more to share, including pictures of his medals, the books i mentioned, his service records etc etc its more than 200 pictures/pages... Maybe we can work out a way to put most of it (or all if you like) on here in some way, but i think it would be better if you or someone else can help me with this. i can provide links to what i have on an online photobook and make it public so you can download or look what you like or not?

Regards, Ruben
More
More
More

Forum Index » Profile for rvr » Messages posted by rvr
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger