commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jeff H
Forum Index » Profile for Jeff H » Messages posted by Jeff H
Jenny
Please don't forget to give me a call.
I'm the UK lead contact for 46 RMC Famiky and Friends Group.
We both have so much information we need to share with each other.
My number is 01869 356082
41, 45, 46, 47 and 48 Royal Marine Commando Family and Friends Associations
Next year 6th June 2019 is the 75th Anniversary of the DDay landings in France.
Are any of you arranging Association get togethers in Normandy?
46 have a big event being arranged in the village of Rots which they liberated from
occupation by the 12 Waffen SS Hitlerjungend on the 11th June 1944.
Wondered if other associations have similar events organised?

Tom, Still not had any contact back from you. Please give me a call on 01869 356082. I know so much about 46 RMC that I would love to share with you. Jeff is
Hi Tom. Not heard from you yet. Please get in touch with either Keith or me and we can help you with your search for information about your Grandad.
Hi Tom. I?m the UK lead of the 46 RMCommando Family and Friends Group. Give me a call on 01869 356082 or email me [email protected] and I can help you find out all about your Grandads War journey.
Best wishes
Jeff
Marine William Trevor Kidwell 46 Commando KIA River Aller Crossing 11/04/1945.
Message posted 20/07/2017 by his daughter Vera Lyn Weldon on his 46 Commando In Remembrance page.
Please contact Jeff Hewitt who is lead person for 46 Commando Family and Friends Group where we hold more information on her father. 01869 356082 or [email protected].
Molly. It's been quite a number of years since you posted your search message. I am the lead member of 46 Commando Family and Friends Group. There are over 40 of us who have either Fathers, Grandfathers, Uncles etc who served in 46 Commando during WW2. Please contact me by email [email protected] and it would be a real pleasure to provide you with all the information we can.
Sorry James addressed you a Fred.
Fred.
I am Jeff Hewitt the friend Keith Taylor refers to in his post.
My father Sgt Albert John Henry (Harry) Hewitt was in 46 Commando and served alongside Keith's father in S Troop.
I have been nominated as the UK based lead person for the 46 Commando Family and Friends group.
Like Keith it would be great to link up with you and have you on board our group.
If you email me on [email protected] I can help you with your reasarch on 46 Commando history during WW2.
One of 46RM Commando is buried in the Netherlands. Alexander Francis McDonald Harland is laid to rest in Venray War Cemetery - grave VI.D.13. He died on the 20/02/1945. Talking to some of our 46 Veterans they believe he died from an accidental gun discharge.
I am trying to locate any living families of the following members of 46 Commando KIA 11th June 1944 in the battle to liberate the village Rots, Normandy. Can any members on this Forum who live in their geographical home areas please offer research help. In 2019 for the 75th Anniversary of the battle there is going to be a memorial service held in Rots. 22 Commando men from 46 lost their lives in the battle and I want to get as many family members to the service.
They are Cyril Johnson from Crookes, Sheffield; James Smith from Stokesley, Yorkshire; John Hordell from Didsbury, Manchester; Kenneth Musgrave from Hawksworth Wood, Leeds; Robert McFall from Blantyre, Lanarkshire.
If any CVA members can help please email me at [email protected] or call me on 01869 356082.

Forum Index » Profile for Jeff H » Messages posted by Jeff H
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger