commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: vic balsdon
Forum Index » Profile for vic balsdon » Messages posted by vic balsdon

"Cold voices whisper and say --
'He is crazed with the spell of far Arabia,
They have stolen his wits away.'
Walter de la Mare
Guy
Thank you for your reply to my request.
Although the name doesn't ring any bells (not a lot does these days!), it seems probable that it was indeed Lt. Col. Wilberforce at ITC a year or so after he assumed command. The unit cross country was traditionally held in either February or March, I believe (hence the greatcoat), so unless his command was cut short for some reason, he would still have been there in 1966.
As a PW, I didn't spend a lot of time in the camp and I went off to 45 in Aden later that year, so perhaps that's a convenient excuse for my memory failure.
Thanks again for the info.
Can anyone remember the name of the Commanding Officer of ITCRM in 1966?
The attached photograph (cropped to avoid me!) shows him presenting me with a medal for the unit cross country in that year.
The face of the unit PT officer is also familiar but, like so many others, his name escapes me.

Forum Index » Profile for vic balsdon » Messages posted by vic balsdon
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger