commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: rijocy3
Forum Index » Profile for rijocy3 » Messages posted by rijocy3
Thank you for that
I am looking for information on V. G. Kokhuis. He was conscripted in 1939, escaped to England via France, trained in Scotland, went on a raid to Noordwijk aan Zee in 1942, went to India in 1943 and then I do not know what happened to him until after the war. He apparently knew my father well.
A commando called V.G.Kokhuis wrote to my mother in 1986 saying that he and my father had been sent on a raid in March 1942 to Noordwijk aan Zee. Does anyone have any information about this raid?
I have a photograph of my father taken in a prison of war camp in Dresden. On the back is a red stamp which says, "Gepruft
Stalag IVA" .
In my father's handwriting is, "22-12-44
H Gubbels
Arb. Kmo. 1326
Shafenbergerstrasse
Dresden
Germany
Does any one have any knowledge of what was happening here. There are four other people in the photo. I know my father was taken prisoner of war at Arnhem.
I am able to add names to three photos from the gallery.

nb ^ Pete R. pm sent to user advising how to register on gallery to place comments
Hi my first time using this site and I was pleased to see some photos of my Dad, though un identified in them all. How do I make a comment on that? e.g on the photo labelled Bill Timmer and friends view 492 my father is 2nd left Hubertus Gubbels. Look forward to your instructions

^Pete R. instructions passed to enquirer

Forum Index » Profile for rijocy3 » Messages posted by rijocy3
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger