commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Bill Harvey
Forum Index » Profile for Bill Harvey » Messages posted by Bill Harvey
Can I just add the thoughts of many us for the wonderful work the CVA volunteers do. If it was not for the CVA I would not have ended up knowing my cousins who Mum lost contact with. Thank you for all you do for us. Bill
Jamie

Try the 47 RMC Association www.47commando.org.uk

Best wishes on your search.

Bill
The Sun Court was in Troon
Dear Friends

I am so sorry that I cannot make it tomorrow. Scotty like so many of the WW2 Commandos will inspire us in the years to come. Thanks you Scotty for all you have done for us. We will be be with you in spirit tomorrow. You live on in our hearts. Love to all the family. God bless. Bill
Graham

I will ask one of the WW2 Commandos.

Bill
When we meet each year at the memorial at Spean Bridge to remember I often feel those who have past the earthly shores are there with us. We hold them all in our hearts and treasure wonderful memories.

Thanks Scotty for all you have done for us.

Bill
A special man Scotty who did so much for us in the CVA. We will really miss him. May the Lord comfort Pam and the family in their loss. We will have so many happy memories of a man who touched all who he met. God bless.

Bill
Latest update Flushing November 2014. Dear Friends

This is the latest update-

Saturday 1 November ,around 13:00, official opening of the new memorial ground. unveiling of the text "Uncle Beach memorial ground" on the brick wall by the Mill. The time depends on the arrival of the WW2 vehicles. They go to Domburg first, then Westkapelle, Zoutelande and then Vlissingen an last Middelburg. After this we can do a "ww2 walk" through Vlissingen guided by Ruben and Jochem.

Sunday 2 November , around 15:00, concert in Sint Jakobskerk in Vlissingen.

Monday 3 November , 11:00 remembrance and wreath laying at the new site by the Commando monument, Unveiling of the new Free French stone next to the monument. After this visit some places off interest.

Please note there are other times at other places in Zeeland which may clash with the Flushing so please make sure you have these in your diary.

Bill Harvey
If you look at the FB page above you will see the that the Memorial to the No 4 Army Commando and the loyal Dutch is in place in the new memorial area.

Bill
Hello

New facebook page on the Liberation of Walcheren https://www.facebook.com/liberationofwalcheren?fref=ts

Bill
Jamie

You should get his service records. He may not have been a Commando as only some divisions of the Royal Marines went through Commando training. The rest were Royal Marines.

Best wishes with your search.

Bill
John

I am in contact with some of the Dutch. My dad was kia in Flushing with No 4 Army Commando,

What Commando was your uncle in?

Bill.
Latest about Flushing

Hello Bill,
I made contact with the hotel Piccard, Badhuisstraat in Vlissingen.The
will give all veterans and family and friends a special price fot their
stay in November 2014.
If you just say that you come for the commemorations, than its
allright.
The exact programme is not ready yet, but it will take place in the
weekend of 1,2 and 3 November 2014.
Many greetings,
Hans
Hello

I would get his service record for a start it may tell you something of which Commando he was in. You can find how to do this on this site. You can also find under documents on the home page nominal rolls of some of the Commandos.

Hope this is helpful.

Bill
Rest in peace. I will remember him especially when over at Flushing in November. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. Bill

Forum Index » Profile for Bill Harvey » Messages posted by Bill Harvey
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger