commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Habib
Forum Index » Profile for Habib » Messages posted by Habib
Dear Pete and David,
The caretaker that you have talked about has since passed away, and the new chowkidar (gate keeper) doesnt know anything about the family. If I get any clue regarding their location I would certainly like to meet them to know more about the happenings of Oct 2001.
My name is Habib Khan and I am Col Sultan's Son

Regards
Habib
A closeup on the writing
Dear Pete and David
I am attaching a pic and will attach more later as I think the load is too much
Regards
Habib
I read with interest the book "At Close Quarters" by David Armstrong. I would like to correct one section regarding the grave of Col Grant Taylor.
It has been mentioned in the book that his grave at the Quetta Christian Cemetry had been damaged or destroyed by a mob in 2001 who were protesting against US invasion of Afghanistan.
Just to check I visited the Quetta Christian Cemetry on December 20, 2014, and with some help from a few friends and also from a old picture of the grave we managed to locate Col Grant Taylors grave which was quite intanct, undamaged and well preserved. I took a few pictures and I will be happy to share them if someone is interested.
I would be grateful if this correction could be made at least in the next edition of the book

Forum Index » Profile for Habib » Messages posted by Habib
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger