commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Littlelamb231
Forum Index » Profile for Littlelamb231 » Messages posted by Littlelamb231
Oops sorry my name is Becky :)
Thank you so much i will pass on regards to you when i see him tomorrow.
Do you have a copy of news letter mentioning him?
i'll try adding the photos now :)
Pte Joseph William Millard 4036377 No.3 Troop 6
Injured shortly after D day, than moved to 1st standing medical board

My Grandad is an amazing man that still going strong after his 100th Birthday back in October.

Grandad was in No. 3 Troop 6. I can't seem to find him in any of the photos of No.3 troop 6 but i have a few photos of him with other soldiers he can't seem to remember their names or where the photos were when taken, (he was in the KSLI before hand so could have been taken than but really not sure)
Hi Folks,
Thank you so much for posting the great press picture of 3Cdo on LCI's before D-Day.
We only have two photos of my Grandad during the war. On Saturday night we found another, he's sat on the back on the middle boat (second from left at the front dark hair, spread nose and chubby cheeks :)
His Name Is Joseph William Millard he was in troop 6. We all recognised him straight away. When i showed him the photo he started naming lots of names. He smiled all night remembering the names and faces. I plan on having it printed larger so we can write the names and ill send it in.
I know he was Injured from 88mm flack or a tiger tank, and was taken the Bayeux hospital to be treated.
He then went on to serve the medical if anyone has any more information or Photos he could be it, i would really appreciate it. It would be great to tell my Nephew more stores about his Grandpa.

Thank you.
Becky

Forum Index » Profile for Littlelamb231 » Messages posted by Littlelamb231
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger