commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: mort
Forum Index » Profile for mort » Messages posted by mort
Hi
I have just received my father-in-laws WW2 army records. He was George Phillips from Dudley and was posted to 1 Commando from 20 November 1945.
Can anyone help me with a couple of queries?
Firstly, having enlisted in November 1944, he was with HOC from March 45 until posted to RZNRA and embarked Liverpool for India in September 45. What was RZNRA?
And secondly, by the time Dad got his posting the war had ended and 1 Commando, and later 1/5 Commando, I read were engaged on garrison duties in Hong Kong. What sorts of things were happening in HK at this time. I can remember Dad used to have terrible nightmares from his army days, but I can?t seem to relate these to the peace time Far East. Like most soldiers he never said what the trouble was. Any ideas would be helpful.
Many thanks
mort

Forum Index » Profile for mort » Messages posted by mort
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger