commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jacqueline Foster
Forum Index » Profile for Jacqueline Foster » Messages posted by Jacqueline Foster
All the wonderful men are leaving us to be together once more.
Rest easy Major Dunning and thank you.
Thank you for your service Mr Shadbolt.

Rest Easy Sir.
Thank you for your service Mr Rochford.

Rest easy sir...

Thank you for your service Mr Simpson. Rest easy sir...
Our heartfelt sympathy to Mr Simpson's wife and family.
Thank you to you too John.
A sincere and huge thank you to Dan, Pete and everyone at the CVA. The CVA website is wonderful and amazing, as are you. THANK YOU ALL
💞
Thank you again Eileen and thank you again Stephane. Another mystery solved
We thank Mr Teasdale for his service and send our condolences to his family and friends. Rest easy.
My and my family's thanks to the lovely Stephane, Fred and Eileen. Stephane for placing beautiful orange flowers on John's grave on 11 November and for sending me photos. Fred for arranging for John's paver to be placed at Alrewas and for sending me photos. Eileen for many things and for
going to Ranville and le Hauger next August. x I am so lucky and so very grateful to so many kind people

Jacqueline :)
Thank you so much Eileen. I am very, very grateful. X
Thank you Nick. Very interesting to read.

Can you tell me how I could get the war diaries for 2 July 1944 please?

Thank you
Jaki
I always wondered why it stated on John's grave that he died aged 21 when he died at 22 years of age.

Today I received a letter from Casualty Enquiries in the UK. After the war the Commission sent a verification form to John's parents requesting details for his grave. On the form they received back from granny, it said John was born in 1922 and he died aged 21 years. John was born in 1921. I know Granny would have been in total shock and just wrote down the wrong birth date.

The pieces are falling into place.
Thank you so much John and thank you for the photo. That is very kind of you. I love being part of the Commando family. It has changed my life so much and for the better. :D

I received beaut news today from Fred to say that John's paver should be in place at Alrewas by 11 November. Fred is very kindly going to send me a photo of the paver when it is in place.

Every time I think, that's it, I will never find out anymore about John, something unexpected always crops up. e.g. recently finding a lovely smiling John in the No4 Commando Panorama and Pete sending me a cropped photo with John and Eileen's dad, amongst other lads in it from the Panorama and today news about John's paver.
I am so lucky!

Thank you again John
Best wishes
Jacqueline
Thank you to the amazing people of the CVA and the Forum.

Without you, I would never have learnt so much about John or seen for the very first time, the photo of John as a young Commando. This photo, cropped from a group photo at Braemer is the one I absolutely love the most.

What I have been able to uncover about John in a relatively short period of time, with your help, is unbelievable. Not only this, but on the Forum I have made good friends and even made contact with a relative I didn't know of. I have been able to share all that I have learned, so far, with friends and family.
John's sister Anne is particularly grateful as she was little when John died. I will continue to delve!

Pete, Nick, Eileen and Andrew have been particularly kind to me, but really, you have all been so very helpful.
THANK YOU' I am extremely grateful.

Jacqueline
Hello Stephane,

You mentioned here on the Forum some time ago, that you had received a copy of photos of John from a collector.

Andrew very kindly sent me a photo that you had sent to him and I was wondering if you had copies of any other photos of John or of anything else relating to him?

I know you are busy, but I would be so very grateful, if you could send me copies of anything else you may have, when you have the time, please.

Thank you.
Best wishes.
Jacqueline

Forum Index » Profile for Jacqueline Foster » Messages posted by Jacqueline Foster
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger