commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: aboode
Forum Index » Profile for aboode » Messages posted by aboode
I am compiling a list of Pipe Majors of military Pipes & Drums. For the Commandons I have the following information:
Commando Basic Training Centre (Depot) (1940-1945):
MacLauchlan, Thomas Alexander 1943? Born 1916 Haddington Died 1988 Renfrew
No. 4 Commando (1940-1946):
?
No. 5 Commando (1940-1946):
McLaverty, John 1944? Born Belfast?
No. 11 (Scottish) Commando (1940-1941):
?
Does anyone have more information about the Pipe Majors? I am in particular interested to know when (year from-to) they were Pipe Major.
John McLaverty was P/M of the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers during the first half of WW2 and went back to that regiment as P/M after the war.
You can also email me at: [email protected]
Thanks
Aad[i]
I am compiling a list of Pipe Majors of military Pipes & Drums worldwide and have at the moment details of over 2300 P/Ms.
For the Commandos I have very little information:
Depot:
MacLauchlan, T.A. 1943? Born
No. 4 Commando:
?
No. 5 Commando:
McLaverty, J. 1944? Born
No. 11 (Scottish) Commando:
?

If you have any additional information could you please send me an email at : [email protected]
Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Aad Boode
Livingston, West Lothian
GrahamCooper wrote:Hi
In CA newsletter No 89,dtd Sept 1989,is the following refernce in the obituary section -

Fus,later Pipe Major W (Bill) Magennis, CBTC and HOC.

Not sure if later refer to later in his commando career, or perhaps it refers after the war.

Hope this helps

Regards

Graham

Graham,
That is interesting. I have on my list of Pipe Majors a William (Bill) Magennis who was born in 1926 in Guelph (Ontario) and died in 1988 in Lower Sackville (Nova Scotia). He was Pipe Major of the 1st Bn Black Watch of Canada 1953-1967 and of the Royal Military College of Canada 1967-1968. Must be a different Bill Magennis.
Aad
I am compiling a list of Pipe Majors of military Pipes & Drums worldwide and have at the moment details of over 2100 P/Ms.
On this Forum there are several photographs of Pipe Major T.A. MacLauchlan, some taken in 1943 at Achnacarry and some in 1945 at St. Annaland in the Netherlands.
Does anyone have more information about P/M MacLauchlan? In particular I would like to know the following details:
- Full first/middle names
- Year from-to as P/M and the official name of the Pipes & Drums (Commando Depot CBTC?)
- Year and place of birth
- If deceased, year and place of death.
Were there any other Pipe Majors in the Commandos? I understand that at one time there were also Pipes & Drums in No. 11 (Scottish) Commmando.
Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Aad

Forum Index » Profile for aboode » Messages posted by aboode
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger