commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Phil Harris
Forum Index » Profile for Phil Harris » Messages posted by Phil Harris
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply unlike dads Australian army records which is about 20 pages long and very colour full in parts(dad also served in the Korean war & Japan),The RM record I have are 2 pages that are very hard to read the following information is on them.

Service number CH/X 112659.
Qualification PFF Feb 1944,Naval gunnery 67% TS 1943, SEA PT2 Sep 1943 ?.

The other details are
G coy at Chatham barracks march 43-Jan 44 CO was H L G Bird one of his CO on board ship was a H B Smith.

I do have a couple of photo's of him I think in the med wearing khaki in one he is having a drink with two sailors as their wearing white uniforms and the RM cap is next to dad.

My late father served on HMS Arethsua from Jan 44 to may 46 and I was just trying to find out if their is any information or list of RM and what they did on board I did get dads s/records but their is very little on them I guest it's because of the time period and the action they sure. I got more information from dads s/records from his Australian army service and I was just trying to fill in some gaps. Dad also said that served in Palestine/Syria in late 45/46 for a very short time.
Any information on the time period would be very much appreciated.

From

Phil.

Forum Index » Profile for Phil Harris » Messages posted by Phil Harris
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger