commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: grahamjp69
Forum Index » Profile for grahamjp69 » Messages posted by grahamjp69
Thanks for the help, I have ordered a copy of the book and I will do some more digging.

Thanks

Graham
Hi thanks very much for the information sorry for my lack of knowledge can you point me in the right direction for discovering those vessels / flotillas? I was thinking of booking an appointment at the Royal Naval Museum archive. Thanks Graham
Hello, my family and I have just returned from a visit to the D-Day beaches, which has spurred us on to try and find out more information about my Grandfather, John George Patterson.

We have his military record (attached) and a picture of him getting married in 1946 in uniform (badge on sleeve), but we can't find him mentioned in any nominal rolls on this site. We have some info - some from my Grandfather while he was alive (he died in 1969) and some from photos and investigations.

- We have a wedding photo of him with a "Combined Operations" badge on his sleeve
- He mentioned to my Father that he was a "Navy Commando" and that he landed on Sword beach
- We believe he trained at Achnacary as well as Hayling Island

We'd be really grateful if someone recognises the name or has any information that would help us, or would point us in the right direction.

Thanks

Graham Patterson
Alex,

Thanks for the update, I will PM you my email address if you like. I was in Sheffield last week, but now down South again I'm afraid!

My landy appears to have been sold in Oxfordshire by an ex-military dealer in '93 and then moved around a bit from Berkshire to Scotland! I'm the 6th owner, it has been fine for a few months then started cutting out about a week ago so I'm replacing the coil currently.

Not sure what role mine had in the forces, it looks good underneath so I think it may have not been sea-waded or salt-exposed much.

Cheers

Graham

Thanks very much for the info, here is another picture from the side, I think someone probably had her restored quite heavily before me but I have done quite a few mechanical checks and replacements myself!

I do drive her but not on a daily basis, mainly weekends and sunny days :)

Thanks

Graham

Hi everyone,

Apologies if I am in the wrong place or asking a strange question. I bought a lightweight 1969 land rover last year (Military Reg 35FG34) and the vehicle B Card lists it as having spent most of its life in 95 Commando, based in Plymouth - kind of strange as Plymouth is my home town and I was born in the same year!

I was just wondering if anyone remembers this vehicle, or has any photos of land rovers at the time they would be willing to share with me (for my own use only not re-publication).

Thanks very much for any info - I've attached a photo of the landy.

Graham Patterson

Forum Index » Profile for grahamjp69 » Messages posted by grahamjp69
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger