commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Francis David Tanner
Forum Index » Profile for Francis David Tanner » Messages posted by Francis David Tanner
Hi, I hope this is the correct forum to list my late Uncle Harry Knappett. On my visit to England in June & July this year to commemorate the Battle of The Somme in France I was informed by my Aunt that her husband had been in the Commando's and gave me all the information. As I am a member of the Commando Veterans Association I thought he should be included in the Honour roll of Veterans. His information follows.
Harrold Walter Knappett Joined 45 Cdo Royal Marines AS Group in Lympstone on 17/03/42 and his number was CH/X 108472. On the 17/03/1945 he suffered a chest wound from shrapnel and returned to England and was granted a good conduct medal.
I believe he passed away on Sept 17th 1997 but cannot be sure of the year.
I hope that he can be included in the Commando Veterans Obituaries List.
Many thanks
Francis D Tanner.
Looking for information on Alan Fawcett (Fritz) I did my Cdo training with him at Lympston in 1963. I believe he came from Harrogate in Yorkshire. any info appreciated.
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me obtain a green Beret and Royal Artillery cap badge. When I was discharged in 1965 all my kit was signed back to the stores in Plymouth and I lost the chance to keep my green beret. I worked hard to get that beret and Over the years I have regretted not being able to keep it. If any one knows where I can obtain a replacement I would be very grateful. I can be contacted through the Commando Veterans web site or contact me at [email protected]. many thanks.
Subject: Former Comrades

I'm new to this but I would like to get in contact with former friends from 29 Cdo Regt who served between 1963 and 1965, I emigrated to Australia after my discharge but moved to New Zealand in Jan 1972. If you remember me or know where I can get in touch with my friend Ken Newman I would really appreciate an email.

Francis David Tanner.

Forum Index » Profile for Francis David Tanner » Messages posted by Francis David Tanner
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger