commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: fatbellypeat
Forum Index » Profile for fatbellypeat » Messages posted by fatbellypeat
Hi

Thanks to the person who started this about "A" Commando My father Harry English was in A Commando and he told me when he was alive that he started in A Commando and was one of the Volenteers who formed 40 commando.

I know he was in Dieppe in August 1942 but he would not tell me much about the war and what he done, I can only think they had a rough time of it.

I would like to thank the person who put the deployment list it has helped me a lot My father sadly passed away in August 2007 aged 83.
Anyone out there who served with my father he was involved in Dieppe (August 1942 also Yugoslavia 1944 albania 1944.
He sadly passed away 30th August 2007 aged 83 and a half.

I am looking for what might have been his nick name I have a few pictures of people he served with but i do not know if they made it through the war or not.

regards

peter English

Forum Index » Profile for fatbellypeat » Messages posted by fatbellypeat
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger