commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: dutboy
Forum Index » Profile for dutboy » Messages posted by dutboy
Thanks for the info - greatly appreciated.
DOB : 30 July 1919 Hargrave, Suffolk
DOD : 13 September 1972 - Colchester, Essex
I have this news paper clipping from my grandfather - might be of interest

http://www.mdx2.com/commando/News_clipping_Hill_170.jpg
Hi
Just looking for any information on what my grandfather did during WW2 -

I know he was in the Marines and we know he serverd in Burma during that time. But would be interested if anyone can provide actual accounts of where his team where and any battle information.

In the photo he is 3rd Row in the middle.

Thanks
Mark.
HI Markh
Sorry for the late reply - what with rebuilding my pc and buying a house in december - things have settled down. I'll take a look and see if i can scan a better image this weekend..
rgards
Mark
John.

The best i can offfer is:
The Bugle Hill snippet has part of a cartoon called Just Jake on the reverse - and after a quick google search this cartoon strip ran in in the Daily Mirror (from 38 to 52)
The DareDevils snippet - has a boxing article on the back relating to Jakkie Patterson winning Bantam Weight title on the 12 September 1945.

Unfortunately the Hill 170 snippet has a story about a professor gubbins and wether or not atrocities where comitted by the germans - its does not elude to a date or what the paper is
Sorry, I cant provide more info. :(
Regards
Mark.
I have temporarliy uploaded them to this area

www.mdx2.com/commando/

Let me knwo if you have any issues - i'll get them on this site at some point.
Thanks
Mark.
HI, I have my grandfathers original copy of the Third Jungle book (no 9, march 1946) - if you still need this i can scan it or mail you a photocopy of the pages if still required.

Also have a copy of the service certficate if you'd like to see a copy and few other personal items, service record, ration book, id card some news paper clippings\reports on the commandos - even a football ticket - Poonas (made up from various areas, RAF\RAC Depot 3.I Brigade) "vs" Commandos dated 1st July 1945 ..

Let me knwo if youre interested - or if anyone else is .....
Thanks

Forum Index » Profile for dutboy » Messages posted by dutboy
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger