commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: John Forsey
Forum Index » Profile for John Forsey » Messages posted by John Forsey
I worked with and also employd John Quincey of No. 1 Commando for over 25 years. He used to tell me of his time in the Commando, raid into Norway, torch landing, wounded in the leg in Burma, service with No. 5 commando in Hong Cong, also I am sure that he told me that he went to the Andaman islands, he said a prision island, to take the surrender of the japs. I cannot find anywhere a mention of the commando forces being on that liberation, any help, John.
Locally made shoulder title for 44 RM Commando
A couple more of my Commando badges
This Combined opps. badge was locally made in India, note the two stiched lines on the tommy gun butt. This is the only Combined opps badge that I have looked at to have this feature, John.
Nick, please leave everything as it is, I have no problems with you using my 5 Commando badge, yours, John.
Hi Nick yes, it made me smile when I saw your avitar,you knew a bit of class when you saw it,good on you, John
This regiment was formed in mid 1943 to support raiding forces in Albania, Yugoslavia Greece and the Islands in the Agean sea. By the latter part of 1943 they consisted of 5 Batteries. A M-G of 12 vigkers mg and captured medium m-gs.
B Heavy mortar bty.
C Light AA bty.18 Browning and 50 heavy machine guns
D anti-tank Bty.of 4 Italian 47/32 mm. anti-tank guns
e. Mountain bty. 4no. American 75mm. pack howitzers
The badges from Biggs, both badges have poppers on the rear. John.
A few badges for No. 5 Commando. The last picture shows a shoulder title and arm badge for 5 commando worn by a soldier named on the back of both badges, name of Biggs. This man joined the RAF as a rear gunner at the age of 15 and did5 bombing ops before being found out.He at some time joined 5 Commando and when they were stood down he joined the Parachute regiment, John
First up is a James 125 MC. Known as the clockwork mouse. These bikes were used to act as "sheepdogs" after the D Day landings to round up stray troops and point them in the right direction. The 98cc welbike was also used on the beaches on D Day. A noisy, fairly usless piece of equiptment, also you can see the BSA folding push bike another piece of DDay landing transport. I was told by one veteran that once they had dragged these bikes ashore the bikes were collected up and dumped at Bayeux never to be seen again. Google has plenty of info on all these bikes. These are part of my vehicle collection, John
A first pattern FS knife, This particular knife came not from a commando but from a local farmer who was an Auxilliary, Churchills secret army. John.
All the pictures that I will post are in my own collection. The 101 troop badge shown is one of a pair, both facing the same way, that I bought on ebay from a house clearance, John..
This type of knife was issued to Commandoes in the Middle East N0 50-52 Commando. Personally I find this knife very awkward to use, It is very difficult to alter the angle of attack because the fingers are locked into place therefor to go from an "overhead" strike to an underhand one in one moovement impossible. John.
A hand made badge for VI commando made from tin.
A slip on shoulder title for VI commando

Forum Index » Profile for John Forsey » Messages posted by John Forsey
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger