commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jacky Cross
Forum Index » Profile for Jacky Cross » Messages posted by Jacky Cross
I am researching my father's service record from 1941 onwards. I have a few photographs and scant notes made from a conversation just prior to his death in 1992 - he served on HMS Rodney in 1941 and the Barham later that same year.
In 1942 he was on the Dorsetshire and the Renown and involved in the sinking of the Bismarck.
Towards the end of the war, he said he was in the battle of Hill 170 in Kangaw & the Arakan peninsula as part of the 3rd Commando brigade.
I would love to hear from anyone who knew him or relatives of other forces personnel who could give me any information regarding this unit, it's operations during WWll and particularly any photographs from this period.
Many thanks
Kind regards
Jacky
Hi Pete,
I am trying to find out information regarding my father (James/Jimmy/Jim Frankis), now deceased who I believe joined up in 1941 and ended up serving with 42 Royal Marine Commando from 1943. We understand he was involved in the battle of Hill 170 in Burma?
Do you know when the service records of men joining after 1941 would be available to view at the antional archives or any other source?
I would also be interested in contacting any other surviving personnel or their relatives who also served with that unit.
Many thanks for any assistance you can offer.
Kind regards
Jacky

Forum Index » Profile for Jacky Cross » Messages posted by Jacky Cross
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger