commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: bgunning
Forum Index » Profile for bgunning » Messages posted by bgunning
JackC wrote:I was wondering if anyone here could help me.
I'm looking for a picture of Sir Theodore Hallett...The information I've been given.....and I don't know how accurate it is.....he was born January 1878 and died December 1956. He was a Royal Navy officer in World War I and retired in 1933.
However he was recalled in World War II to serve as a beachmaster for the Dunkirk evacuation in 1940, as a member of the expeditionary force to Narvik in Norway in 1942 and then as Director of Training for the Commandos. That's all I know I'm afraid....any help would be much appreciated.

I have a bit more formal picture of my grandfather in full uniform.
I found another picture - a bit easier to see some Commando potential here, perhaps. I would guess this is circa 1930.
PS, He looks decidedly un-commando-like; more grandfatherly.
I have a picture of my Grandfather, Sir Theodore Hallett, admiring his first grandchild, Charles Gunning (my brother). This would be sometime in 1935.

The message keeps getting refused. please email me if this gets through without the picture.

Forum Index » Profile for bgunning » Messages posted by bgunning
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger