commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: steve lewis
Forum Index » Profile for steve lewis » Messages posted by steve lewis
Hello,
This is a strange coincidence but earlier this week I posted a query regarding an E.James who was originally in 3 Troop and then moved to 4 Troop. He was from the Beds and Herts originally and features in many photographs on this site and quite a few with my father. There is a picture of him with I think, George Webb holding a captured Nazi flag.

If I find out any more info then I will post,

Best wishes,

Steve Lewis

(son of Bill 3 Troop 3 Commando)

Hello,
I have posted several pictures of my father Bill Lewis over the past few months. In quite a few of them there is a chap called E.James who was in 3 Troop originally and then reappeared, as many did, to 4 Troop. Now apart from being interested in my Dads history I have become very curious to find out what happened to E.James. Does anybody out there know whether he survived ok?

Best wishes Steve
Dear pete,
More Pics of my dad and other lads.

the very best,

Steve
Dear Pete,
Three more photographs that went missing

The very best,

steve
Dear Pete.
The missing three pics
Thanks for your help getting these out there.

Very best,

Steve
Photographs of my father Bill (ken) Lewis originally 4 troop and then 3 troop.

Joined 3 Commando in 1941 and left in 1945.
Photographs of my father Bill (ken) Lewis originally 4 troop and then 3 troop.

Joined 3 Commando in 1941 and left in 1945.
Re -entering photographs of my father and colleagues
Re- sending photographs of my father due to problems
Best wishes,
Stephen
Dear Pete,
and one more image,

Best

Stephen
Dear Pete,
More pics of my Dad

Best Wishes
Stephen
On your advice Pete,
Some more pictures of 3 Commando long overdue.

I hope that somebody recognises some of the lads and can put names to faces. I would also like to put actual locations to the pics.

The very best wishes,

Steve
Hi Steph,
Yes my father is W. Lewis I have now found his army no. He was on the boat that was hit and did not make it to the land. He was in the water for some time before being picked up.

He was originally in 4 Troop and after the heavy Commando losses at Dieppe ended up in 3 Troop in 1944.

He returned with 3 Troop on D- Day.

Thanks again Steph you do good research.

best wishes,

Steve
Hi Steph,
We have corresponded before so hello again.

No.29 is my Dad William Kenneth Lewis. He was born in Wales but brought up in Liverpool. He was at Vaagso, Italy, Dieppe, D-Day and into the Netherlands. He died in 1999 aged 74 years.

I can get his Army number if you need it.

Great to see the picture its also on the back of Stan Scotts book.
Best wishes,

Stephen
Could not believe my eyes- fantastic. When I saw name shown and even the absentees. My Dad, William Lewis is in the middle and I recognise several lads who I can now put names to in other photographs which is a great thing in itself. By D-Day he was moved to 3-troop and is shown in Stan Scotts book training in Brick Lane. he survived Vaagso, Dieppe, Termoli and D-Day. Another group photo posted in the last two weeks taken in Italy shows him again with 4-troop looking older and leaner. I have never seen the pic before and it is very moving-its been a good few weeks!
I have a few questions however-what was the name of the newspaper and where was the photo taken?.

You are doing great work and I will post some more pics soon.

Forum Index » Profile for steve lewis » Messages posted by steve lewis
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger