commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: sgtmoon
Forum Index » Profile for sgtmoon » Messages posted by sgtmoon
yes i agree as my day job i worked for SPS teaching hard landscaping so i know a bit about putting bench's in place and so on , but as i live way down in Ayrshire i thought it better to let the local council put it in place , i think i will leave it for now and try to do as you say and Ame for next year' march for placing it , thanks
thanks for the reply yes i did put in writing and yes i gave them the size . . also called to talk with planing officer , i think it would be better to just forget the hole idea the bench is very simuler to what is in the photo.
can anyone help we have bean donated a bench to be put at the remembrance garden at the Commando memorial at spean bridge by the plaswood company dumfries i have asked the council to help put it there three time now but they never get back to me , time is running out as we where hoping to put it there over the 2/3 April when we do our commemorative march . it is a lovely peace of work and would look lovely there for people to sit and take in the view. never thought it would be so hard to give something away can anyone help in the way of who to talk to to get this put in place
I would just like to say this event is getting bigger then we thought we have had a lot of response form all over thanks to being on here : :D

Looks really great you can see that there a lot of work went in to this ,its just fantastic! well done.
Troon in Ayrshire Scotland the town council are trying to set up a wartime weekend with a parade for veterans and several concerts with big bands like the glen miller sound and a few others , also theres to be static living history displays with wartime vehicles and kit .all this has to be with a Commando theme and the hole town shops are trying to take part .
the date for this is a bit late in the year
Date of event Saturday 28th November 2009 - parade will be on Sunday 29th November.
for further information contact :

[email protected]

Moira Birtwistle
Social Science Teaching Group
John Hannah Building
SAC
Auchincruive
Ayr
KA6 5HW
well its on once more next year 2010 will be the 5th Commando Commemorative March and i would on be half off the committee would like to invite any one who'd like to support the march to come along
and come to our dinner that we hold on the Saturday night
next years march will be held over the weekend off the 2nd -4th April 2010
we will remember them
A BIT BELATED BUT THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WARDS BUT WE DO THIS MARCH NOT FOR OUR SELF BUT TO HONER ALL WHO SERVED IN WWII COMMANDOS AND THAT WE WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU ALL DID FOR US TODAY.WE WILL TRY TO DO THIS EVERY YEAR AND THERE'S AN OPEN INVITATION TO ALL TO COME OR TAKE PART WHAT EVER YOU'D LIKE

THE NEXT MARCH WILL BE ON THE FIRST WEEKEND IN APRIL 2010
yes well done Paul and to ALL who made the effort it was a sad day for me stepping down as the organizer of the last 4 marches but i know that i have past it on to the writ man who will only make it a far better march than i did any help that i can put in just ask take care and hope to see you all at the 5th Annual Commando Commemorative March 2010
Paul I must say thanks for keeping it as a Commemorative March as when I first organize our first march it was to show our gratitude to all who served in combined ops in WWII .and i think thats what we all have done so keep it up
thanks to all who got back to me we now have 3 veteran's who will be guest of honor at this years march and dinner ,we also raised £400 so now we can pay for there rooms and dinner (thanks to Miss Mary Devlin of Prestwick Ayrshire who held a dance for us to get money to help take veterans up to spean bridge for this years march )
ok this years march will be a sponsored (march/walk )to try to collect money for help for hero's.
you can download :
SPONSORSHIP FORMS - Start fundraising now!
Pack contains . . .Individual Sponsorship Form - One sponsor per page, great for leaving a batch with friends who can help you fundraise. List Sponsorship Form - To carry with you and get sponsorship from lots of individuals on the same form.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/downloads.html

hope it works as I am not to good at this:pete PS ordered T-Shirts with this years badge on

hi all can anyone who would like to come along to this please let me know .
if you are a veteran we would be honoured to have you as guest of honour at the dinner on the saturday night but we need to know who is coming

Forum Index » Profile for sgtmoon » Messages posted by sgtmoon
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger