commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: sjb007
Forum Index » Profile for sjb007 » Messages posted by sjb007
Good luck with your research Rosslyn.

Sarah
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas at CVA.

Sarah
Hi Markh

Thank you for the info and sorry for late reply.

I have a letter from the Naval Historical Branch confirming Dad was at Towyn in July 1944.

I will check the photos tomorrow.

Best wishes
Sarah
Dad's friend.
Dad and friends
Hi All

I have just found some more photos of Dad and thought I would add them to his thread.

If anyone can throw any light on the photos, especially any information on the vehicles, this would be much appreciated.

Best wishes
Sarah
Hi Nick

The RM magazine Globe & Laurel is presently issued bi-monthly but you could try them to see if they can help.

Good luck.
Sarah
Hi Phil

Added link to Dads details with some photos and service docs.

Best wishes
Sarah

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/3376.page
Hi beerie89

I notice from your grandad's service record at the end of 1944 whilst he was in HBL RM Commando, his CO was W W Glover, the same as my father's who was in MNBDO1 and prior to that your grandad was at HBL RM Training Group. Maybe they might have come across each other. Unfortunately, I cannot help with your other questions as I am still learning myself but wish you good luck with your research.

Best wishes
Sarah
Trooper, WILLIAM ARTHUR WILLCOCKS
Trooper, CHARLES HENRY STOTT
Corporal, GEORGE AUGUSTINE MICHAEL SHERIDAN
Hi Pete

Photos added as requested, hope all ok.

Best wishes
Sarah

Corporal, FREDERICK BEASLEY
Hi Pete

Have added to the others.

Best wishes
Sarah
Hi Chris and welcome

I haven't been to Crete yet, but am going soon.

I would love to see your photos of Crete when you are able to load them. I am also interested in No. 7 in Crete but haven't had time to do any research yet.

Best wishes
Sarah

Forum Index » Profile for sjb007 » Messages posted by sjb007
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger