commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: chinashaw
Forum Index » Profile for chinashaw » Messages posted by chinashaw
Dear Nic and Julie,

Many thanks for the information and support, I will be contacting the army archives to see what I can find out. On a different note, I have his medals, some photos (I will scan and send them over) as well as a Japanese flag, with what appears to be a handprint in the centre. I will also take a photo and send that over, touching it is quite eerie, when you then read books on the time and look at it, everything becomes much more vivid.

I have to be honest, I was not expecting any responses so rapidly, I have been blown away by that, so thank you again.

Nicholas
Hello,
I am looking into my Grandfather Lt.l.DM Shaw MC, DSO, originally of the Royal Inniskilling regiment. I just wondered if there was any information on:

a. How did he get the nickname 'Squaredeal' - The first I saw of this was on this site in the name list for 5 Commando.

b. Was he seconded to 5 Commando and if so for how long? It seems to be only for the Arakan campaign in Burma.

Many thanks,

Nicholas Shaw

Forum Index » Profile for chinashaw » Messages posted by chinashaw
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger