commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: keith
Forum Index » Profile for keith » Messages posted by keith
Hello,
My name is keith Taylor and I wrote the book The Waist-High Cornfield which describes the grounding of 46 RMC from mainly the 9th RM Batallion and also from Marines taken off warships. I have the written the whole detailed event what happen in the French village of Rots when your grandad was taken prisoner by the 12th SS Hitlerjugend and what happened to them later.
You can contact me via email

[email protected]

I live in Hamburg quite close to where 46 RMC saw action later in the war. I have large archive about your grandad's Commando Unit and as a relative Ill give you free access to it.

Please contact me

Keith
Hi Chris can you contact me via my email: [email protected] I'd like to to find out more about your father in law.
Hallo Tom. Here is Keith i have sent you a private message how to contact me. I see jeff hewitt as contacted you already. We are both looking forward to hearing from you.
Dear Vera Lyn Weldon,
You posted a message on your father's, Trevor Kidwell's memorial KIA page in the 46 RMC gallery. Both jeff Hewitt and myself would dearly like to contact you. My eamil address is:
[email protected]

Keith
Dear Fred I would like to contact you.
I am the son of Eric Taylor who served with the 46 RMC. I have just finished writing a book about my father's Commando unit and together with a friend are compiling a list of relatives and friends of the 46 RMC. We would like to contact you. I have collected an archive of material relating to the 46 RMc and would like to share it with you.

My email address is:

[email protected].

I would love to hear from you.

Best regards

Keith
hi Macdonald,
I'm writing a book about my father's time with the 46 RMC which includes his time at Achnacarry. May I have the permission to use that picture with the figures and castle in the background? If yes I'll explain a bit more and send you my email address for the hires picture.

Erictay
Hi,
I am collecting any authentic stories, and pictures about the combat period of this regiment. My father Eric Taylor, was a machine corporal in S troop. He wrote a fascinating autobiography about his time in the Royal Marines and later his time with the 46 RMC.
I have collected a number of combat stories from veterans and the John Cox folder. This has become a hobby with me and perhaps I will compile all my research into a book of personal experiences of members of the 46. I would really appreciate any stories perhaps you heard from fathers, grandfathers or vets etc and of course any photos. All pictures (if sent by post) would of course be returned and with your permission posted to Pete Rogers.
Was there ever a group photo taken of 46 th "S" troop? It seems that most of the other troops had group photos taken. How can I find out?

I'm interested due to my research about my father Eric Taylor. See ? looking for Information ? individuals.
11th April 1945.
My father Eric wrote in his memoirs how he had just been talking to Trevor Kidwell and must have been standing quite to him and Thomas Vardy as the mortar bomb exploded. Eric said he had heard it comming and had dived into fox hole.

Keith

Hi Steve.

My father Eric Taylor was in the 46th RMC S troop. I have been living in Hamburg since 1974 and funnily enough I know this place in Lüneburg well!
I suppose you know that their stay in Lüneburg was a preparation for their last crossing of the Elbe. They were later to assemble for that crossing in a small village called Adendorf which is about 30 km from where I live. Do you know by any chance where the 46th were billeted in Lüneburg. Did your grandfather ever mention a Cpl Eric "Buck" Taylor of S troop (there are pictures of him in the 46 photo gallery). Any info I would really appreciate.
I have just applied for a CVA membership and recently entered this forum.
I have posted an message in "Looking for Information. Individuals". It explains my interest and intentions for finding out more about the 46th and my father.

keith
I am intending to write a book about my father Eric of his early life time in the Royal Marines and his time in the commandos. He wrote something of his army life in his memoirs but basically followed a rather objective description as in "The story of 46 Commando Royal marines" from Capt. P K W Johnson.
Does anyone have any personal memories of my father during his active service or can give me any authentic stories such as those in the book compiled by John Cox.
My intention in writing this book is to give a more personal account of the men involved.
I have posted already pictures of him in the gallery under Eric Taylor 46 RMC. I would be very grateful for any help or information regarding this search. He was very friendly with George McLaren and John Cox amongst others and attended many reunion functions.

Does anyone know if a group photo of S troop exists?

Forum Index » Profile for keith » Messages posted by keith
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger