commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Peter Cooper
Forum Index » Profile for Peter Cooper » Messages posted by Peter Cooper
I remember an interview she gave many years ago. When she signed up to entertain the troops she was asked where would she like to go. She said 'where does nobody want to go ?' and the answer was Burma. Well, I'll go there then she said.
Abebooks have two. One is £31 plus £16 postage as it's in Australia. The other one is in the US and is silly money.
I cannot see the point in having a concealed compartment as upon capture all weapons are confiscated anyway.
This is the photo.
There is a photo of Villiers in 'Striking Back' by Peter Masters but it isn't a very big one.
Am I mistaken or can I see J. Williams VC ??
Just noticed that it's 20 million, not fifty so only one loaf.
I noticed that 'Luneberg' where Monty accepted the German surrender is mentioned. What an amazing find, lucky you.
50 million marks would have bought at least 2 loaves of bread !
Seen it before, it's OK but left a lot out. No mention of Walcheren, Middle East or Far east operations.
First I have heard of this. Amazing how new information is still coming to light after all these years.
This is a photo of LCF32 so 38 would have similar.
LCF's was were built in three batches. No 38 was one of the last group to be built...Nos 19-46.
Three LCF's were lost during the war.. Nos 31/37 & 38 and two of these were lost at Walcheren but I don't know which ones.
LCF stands for Landing Craft Flak so it may well be that as a marine he was a gunner on this vessel.
So sad that all these men died so close to the end of the war.
If you could post the photos, that would be a great help.

Forum Index » Profile for Peter Cooper » Messages posted by Peter Cooper
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger